Saratoga Springs criminal defense lawyers reveal what was seized.
After a sixth month investigation, the Saratoga County Sheriff’s department gained enough evidence to execute seven warrants for the arrest of six people who were tied to a drug ring. September 2017 is when the Sheriff’s office first initiated the undercover investigation and “infiltrated the suspected drug ring.” After the arrests were made, authorities were able to seize:
- 18 long guns
- Two pistols
- 5 kilos of cocaine with a street value of $250,000
- 20 pounds of packaged marijuana with a street value of $40,000
- Five vehicles
- More than $264,000 in cash.
According to Saratoga Today News, “the seizure made a major dent in drug trafficking that occurs in Saratoga County.” Sheriff Michael Zurlo announced that this was “the largest seizure of illegal narcotics that I have ever seen in Saratoga County.” If you’re wondering what the suspects were charged with, that information is shared below.
- Dennis E. Jones, 64, was among the six who were charged for having some involvement in the “drug ring.” Jones “is suspected to be a large cocaine distributor operating for many years within Saratoga County. He was found with multiple firearms, 1.5 Kilos of cocaine, and approximately 20 pounds of marijuana which resulted in him being sent to Saratoga County Jail with no bail. He is currently facing the following criminal charges:
- Possession of a controlled substance, felony
- Criminal possession of marijuana, felony
- Two misdemeanor counts criminal possession of a weapon
- Kent D. Daniels, 54, was also arrested and sent to the Saratoga County jail with no bail. He was “suspected to be distributing cocaine and marijuana throughout the county” and is facing the following charges:
- Criminal sale of a controlled substance, felony
- Criminal possession of marijuana, misdemeanor
- Debra Comorski, 53, had two long guns and a small quantity of marijuana in her possession. She is facing criminal charges, however, she was released on appearance tickets and will answer to the charges in Saratoga Town Court at a later date.
- Rober R. Wilder,52, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and was also released on an appearance ticket.
- Ahbdul Maldonado, 46, is facing conviction for criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, both of which were charged as a felony.
- Cleveland A. Francis, 44, was sent to Saratoga County Jail with no bail awarded and is facing a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance. He was also suspected of distributing cocaine throughout the county.
With these individuals facing such hefty charges that generally carry prison time, it would be in their best interest to hire a reputable and aggressive criminal defense attorney in Saratoga Springs. Because authorities were able to gather a significant amount of evidence during their investigation, there is a strong chance they may be able to use some, if not all, to support their case against the suspects.
Anytime a person is faced with a criminal charge, whether it is minor or serious, they should always retain a Saratoga Springs, NY criminal defense lawyer as they can provide clarification on the charges as well as work to get them reduced. If you were recently arrested for DUI or charged with another type of crime in NY and need to find a lawyer who specializes in criminal cases, USAttorneys.com is ready to connect you with some of the best legal representatives in the field.