- If someone violates the code stated above, they are looking at a minimum charge of petty theft, which is a misdemeanor of the first degree.
- If the value of the property or services stolen is valued at $1,000 but below $7,500, or if the property stolen is any of the property listed in section 2913.71 of the Revised Code, a violation of this section is theft, a felony of the fifth degree.
- If the property or services stolen is $7,500 but less than $150,000, a violation of this section is grand theft, a felony of the fourth degree.
- If the property or services stolen is valued at $150,000 but less than $750,000, a violation of this section is aggravated theft, a felony of the third degree.
- If the value of the property or services is $750,000 but less than $1,500,000, a violation of this section is aggravated theft, a felony of the second degree.
- If the value of the property or services stolen is $1,500,000 or more, a violation of this section is aggravated theft of one million five hundred thousand dollars or more, a felony of the first degree.
Theft is one of the more common crimes that are committed and our criminal defense lawyers here in Ohio have an abundant amount of experience in helping those charged with a misdemeanor or felony get their charges reduced, including getting time taken off a prison sentence.
Caught Selling a Controlled Substance in Ohio?
Possession of drugs along with selling them is also another crime many are caught engaging in and the penalties range in severity. The courts will base an offender’s charge on a few different things including:
- The Schedule the substance falls under.
- The amount you were caught with in your possession.
- Your intent on what you were going to do with the substance.
Charged with a Different Crime in the State of Ohio?
No problem. Our featured Ohio criminal defense attorneys can work with anyone facing any sort of charge or assist someone who has already been convicted of a crime. Something to be cognizant of is that not everyone is presented with a fair trial and not all crimes are equally charged. Some face harsher penalties than other for committing the same act, and this is something you don’t want to become a victim of.
Give us a call today and get connected with a nearby defense lawyer who can answer you questions and tend to your concerns.