Being charged with a crime can be an intimidating experience, but we can assure you that being convicted of that crime is going to be much worse. Remember that not only are there several legal repercussions for being charged with a crime, but there are other consequences which will negatively impact almost every aspect of your life.
For instance, your professional aspirations will definitely have to take a back seat and may be even permanently so. Nobody is keen to hire a criminal and furthermore, even if you already have a budding career, you may be at a risk of losing that too.
Keeping your name unsoiled is something to think about for sure.
It is not just your professional life that will take a hit. Your social reputation will also be tarnished too. In addition, your personal life and familial relationships can be strained as well. Not to mention, your financial stability will be undoubtedly affected in a negative way as well.
When it comes to Washington DC specifically, some charges are tried in the superior court of DC. However, a lot of crimes may result in federal violation and will therefore be undertaken by federal prosecutors who represent the US government. This means that they will have the backing of several federal agencies in their prosecution.
The agencies which will be involved in the prosecution including undercover operations, sting operations, and conducting investigations include the following:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATF)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
If you are charged with a federal crime, you need to act quickly and reach out to us. We have experience in dealing with federal prosecutors and some of our best criminal defense attorneys have in fact previously been federal prosecutors themselves. Therefore, we know what it takes to beat a federal charge and we will be able to walk you through it every step of the way.
Any criminal offense committed on federal property can and will be charged as a federal crime too.
Types of charges we deal with
No matter what charges you face, however trivial or severe they may be, we can help you defend yourself effectively against these charges and the sentencing that may accompany a conviction.
- Assault – If you are face charges of assault, which is one of the most common charges, you could be facing possible prison time of 180 days and fines of up to a $1,000.
- Homicide – When death occurs at the hand of another person, homicide charges are inevitable. It is imperative that you defend yourself against such charges since the repercussions can be severe too.
Other charges that we will also deal with include, but are not limited to homicide, drug charges, gun charges, DUI, and sex crimes.
Call a legal pro today and protect yourself with a marvelous and judicious DC criminal defense lawyer. You can find them using USAttorneys.com. Legal help is right around the virtual corner!
Any questions? Contact us via the website 24×7 and we will get back to you shortly.